Invitation: Seminar on Opportunities for Dutch-Bangladeshi Collaboration on Protected Cultivation in Bangladesh
Are you active in horticulture and would you like to know more about the developments and opportunities in this sector in Bangladesh? Join our hybrid seminar on Thursday 28 September in World Horti Center.
Date and time: Thursday, September 28, 2023 from 09:45hrs to 12:00hrs NL time (13.45hrs -16hrs Dhaka time)
Location: Hybrid meeting, World Horti Center and online (a link will be shared few days before the seminar to those joining online)
The seminar is for Dutch and Bangladeshi companies active in the horticultural sector that want to discover the possibilities and opportunities in Bangladesh.
In Bangladesh, urbanization and climate change are creating challenges in agriculture and food production. The available agricultural land is decreasing, while the demand for food is increasing.
There is a need for innovations and new technologies, so that the needs of the population can also be met in the future. There is great interest in Bangladesh in Dutch knowledge and expertise for protected crops. This offers Dutch companies the opportunity to use their expertise and position themselves as valuable partners.
For this reason, the Dutch embassy in Dhaka and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency have conducted a sector study into the possibilities and opportunities for Dutch companies in the field of covered cultivation in Bangladesh. The Dutch Greenhouse Delta has carried out this study. These opportunities will be presented during the seminar. You can expect information about:
- The market;
- Relevant stakeholders in the market;
- Technical and financial feasibility for covered cultivation;
- Possibilities for cooperation between Dutch and Bangladeshi parties (B2B, K2B, G2G, etc.)
The Dutch government wants to work through a combi track to stimulate trade, investment and improvement in this sector in Bangladesh. This offers opportunities for Dutch entrepreneurs to collaborate with the Dutch government.
- Word of welcome
- E. Riaz Hamidullah, Ambassador of Bangladesh to the Netherlands
- Frederik Vossenaar, Special Envoy, Ministry of Agriculture in the Netherlands
- Presentation of the sector study on protected cultivation in Bangladesh – Dutch Greenhouse Delta
- Information about support from the government, whether or not within the combi track or in a cluster with other Dutch companies – RVO
- Discussion and questions
- Closing remarks – Netherlands Embassy in Dhaka.
Registration is possible until September 27, 2023 on RVO’s website: Kansenseminar bedekte teelt in Bangladesh (rvo.nl). Participation is free.
The language of the seminar is English.
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency is organizing the seminar in collaboration with the Dutch Embassy in Dhaka and the Dutch Greenhouse Delta.